September 9, 2021

The Wedding Night



I want to wear those chudas 
And get my heena done beautifully
I am waiting for our arrival of the wedding night 
A little excited from inside and nervous on the outside
I prepare for my marriage with grace and honesty
Having your hand in my hand, and your name written on my heart
I have come with you this far, wanting to walk miles for now and ever
The color red is the significance of true love
When the essence of our togetherness reflects back,
You reside within me as a single emotion
Give me a white dress to wear, or an elegant maroon drape
Call me my name or give me yours,
I have a reason to dream and desires to fulfill
Hear me without words, a chance to decorate
Gossips, shopping and belongings.. is my whole with you
Real or virtual? A question to a pending answer still remains...

Close your eyes, feel the heartbeat
Anything that touches you, is the feel of my heat
Hold me tight, or make me go..
I'm standing there where I were years ago
Come out of your mental bars, and terminate the cold war
Now disclose the suspense at your welcoming door
Asking myself how long do I need to wait more?

Yours truly,
Sniggle 

3 comments: